Baobab Fruit Powder
Baobab, Adansonia digitata, grows in a wide area of sub-Saharan Africa. This species is the only variety allowed on the European market. Madagascar is home to several other species as well, such as A. grandidieri and A. madagascariensis, but they cannot be sold in Europe. From the baobab tree, fruits are collected. Fruit weight consists of the shell (45–48%), seeds (38–40%) and pulp (12–16.5%). Mature trees (over 60 years old) produce between 160 and 250 fruits (more than 30 kg).
The main product used on international markets is dried fruit pulp, as baobab powder. Fruit pulp in ripe fruits is naturally dehydrated and little or no additional drying is required after collection. Still, proper drying, grinding and storing is needed to ensure a consistent quality (in terms of colour and mesh size).
Impacts Baobab Powder is made by picking the best Baobab pods and breaking them to get the pulp used to make the powder.
BENEFIT OF USING BAOBAB POWDER .
Baobab contains high levels of Vitamin C. One of the key benefits of vitamin C is that it helps to keep our immune system strong, supporting our body’s defense against infections, enhance metabolism and promote youthful skin.
Regulated blood sugar
Baobab Powder contains around 34% of soluble fiber, this helps to slow down the release of sugars into the blood stream, reducing energy spikes. Soluble fiber can also help to control blood glucose levels, improve blood cholesterol and reduce visceral fat.
Enhance Digestive Health
Baobab Powder contains both soluble fiber and Insoluble fiber .Insoluble Fiber passes through your gut and enables other foods to move through your digestive system easily. It also helps to keep your bowels healthy and prevents digestive problems.
Promotes Healthy Skin
Baobab is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C which supports collagen formation - helping to give you radiant, glowing skin as well as preventing wrinkles.
Regulates Blood Sugar
Boosts Body Immunity
Good for weight management
Promotes healthy, radiant Skin
Rich Source of Vitamin C
Improves digestive health
Reduces body acidity
HOW TO USE BAOBAB
Increasingly, manufacturers are turning to baobab as a new ingredient for their NPD not only for its delicious sherbet-like flavour and nutritional benefits but for the range of functional benefits it can provide in recipe formulations. Here are just some of the many ways baobab powder can be used:
- GLUTEN & GRAIN-FREE PRODUCTS ,
thanks to its high levels of soluble fibre, baobab contributes to the binding, bulking and thickening of products, which is particularly desirable in recipe formulations like gluten- and grain-free crackers, biscuits and cereal bars
- VEGAN RECIPES - thanks to its binding properties baobab can substitute eggs (similar to flaxseed or chia seeds) and can be beneficial in vegan recipes such as vegan cookies, cakes, muffins, patties and burgers
- THICKENER/PRESERVATION AGENT – due to baobab’s high levels of pectin (a source of fibre) and citric acid (vitamin C), baobab can be used as a binding, thickening, gelling and preserving agent in products like jams, sauces, chutneys, marinades and condiments
- RAISING AGENT – baobab contains organic acids (citric, tartaric, malic and succinic) which can help activate baking soda and enhance its effectiveness as a raising agent. This also adds lightness and sponginess to baked goods such as cakes, muffins and breads
COATING – as baobab comes in powder form and is rich in fibre, it can be used to absorb moisture and prevent stickiness as a substitute to flour in products like dried and/or candied fruit
- NUTRITIONAL BOOST & DELICIOUS FLAVOUR – baobab’s range of health benefits and sweet and critussy flavour makes it the perfect addition to cereals, ice creams, smoothies/juices, desserts, yoghurts, chocolates and many other food products
We are not doctors nor registered nutritionists. All the information we share are solely based on the research and information open to the public domain, on our personal experience, and on the feedback of our customers and in no way breaches or breaks the boundaries of the law.
We do not claim to cure any cause, condition or disease. The information is intended only to help you cooperate with your doctor. Before making any changes in your diet, you are cautioned to consult with your health professional
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Whether you are a food brand, manufacturer, chef or wholesale distributor, Ard Al-bawbab Trading , can supply you with high-quality, organic Wild-Picked Baobab powder.
We'll be happy to answer all your bulk baobab enquiry.